Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Orthodox Easter

Well Easter finally came and went in Romania. As previously explained, (Click here if you didn't catch it.) the Orthodox calender is a bit different than the Julian one, so We just celebrated Easter two weeks ago. I was lucky enough to accompany Sorina and Marian to visit Marian's family up in Pascani, a little city in the northwest part of Romania. It was a fairly typical Orthodox Easter full of traditional customs and relaxation. We dyed eggs;



We went out to the country and saw all the animals.
(This is me pickin' up chicks. Get it? Pickin' up chicks? he he he, I kill myself)


We went for a walk out in the fields. This is Sorina and Marian enjoying the fresh country air.

And of course there was lots of good food going around.
This is the tradional "ciorba miel" (lamb soup) which I found particularly tasty.


All in all, it was a very successful Easter. I'm really glad I get to be part of these awesome traditions.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

It looks like you are having a great time, Marie. What an awesome experience. We can't wait to hear more about it when you come home.

Eric, Jenny, Savvy and Vanessa

Rachel said...

By the way, I love your hair that length. You look fabulous darling :)