Saturday, July 19, 2008

Taking it easy, finally, in Florence


Well I know how cliche this is, but I haven't blogged nearly as much about this trip as I wanted to. The first probelm has been internet access. It hasn't been availiable in wi-fi at every location like I thought it would. The second problem is simply time. Boy has this been a whirl-wind vacation. In talking with my family, I decided that trying to see over fifteen cities in more than six countries within a single month is not a good idea. I think if we had to do it over again, we would probably see fewer cities and stay more than a day and half in each of them. Oh well, you live and you learn. Right now we are staying in Florence for a whole three nights! It seems like we have been here forever, but it is a nice change of pace.
In the mean time, we have been having fun and seen a lot of amazing things. Mom is an old pro at the train station now. And Dad has learned that his "excellent sense of direction" might be more based on having the gargantuam Rocky Mountains close by than the compass in his nose. :) Really we've all learned just a little bit about ourselves through all this.
We leave tomorrow on a cruise ship from Rome for a week. We are all looking forward to that. And then after that, we head back to New York. Holy Cow! I'm going to be back in the States for the first time in over two years!
Look out! Here I come! :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: