Wednesday, October 29, 2008

From 6 wheels to 6 wheels

As many of you have seen, the vehicle I have been getting around is my parents. It is a Chev truck that has a double-cab, extended bed, duel tires on the back (meaning the truck has 6 wheels on it), and a shell on the top. I am sure you could not drive a vehicle any longer, taller, or wider without a commercial driver's license. It gets about 8 gallons to the mile,, err, that is, 8 miles to the gallon. Its a terrible truck to be driving around as a commuter vehicle.
Not that I am not grateful for my parent's generosity. But it was high time to get different mode of transportation with better gas mileage.

So this week I decided it was high time to make that purchase and bought not just a car, but a motorcycle as well! I am really lucky I have a friend who is a big time motorcycle enthusiast and offered his assistance in helping me make my selection. What would I do without friends I can take advantage of? ;)

So here it is! Isn't it awesome! It is a 1982 Yamaha 650. I can't wait to really get out there and ride!

6 comments:

Becca said...

Marie, you are a wild girl. Motorcycle??? Why am I not surprised? So where is the picture of your car? What did you get??

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Your so Cool! Way to Go! Now you will really get great gas milage :)

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

So wheres the car pics? You already know my thing about motorcycles in the winter - burr, but you are the only girl that could pull it off. Congrats

The Poulson's said...

Marie, we need to see a picture of you on the motorcycle!

Kara J said...

You outdid me by a year. We can now go cruisin' our hogs around town. The bike actually looks nice for how old it is.
-Lon

Elizabeth said...

Are you planning your summer road trips already? you are so adventurous. I love it!