Sunday, October 5, 2008

Success!


Well, the bad news is I won't have any excess leisure time left. The good news is.... I GOT A JOB! I am going to be working for a company by the name of Liberty Mountain. They distribute outdoor sporting good equipment. I will be an "In-house-accounts Manager". What that means is for example you have a store like Cabellas, they want to stock their shelves with a certain item, so they will send in an order form which I will process and be in charge of making sure the product gets shipped out correctly etc etc etc.
I'm really excited about this. I really feel like this is a wonderful company and I am looking forward to being in this industry. I was talking to the manager there about my first day and what to expect and he was saying, "Well, we'll have you meet a few people, fill out some paper work. We might also have you actually work in the warehouse for a bit just so you can get a flavor of what is going on down on the floor." I responded, "So I guess that means I shouldn't come in a business suit and heels?" He paused for a second and then said, "No. You should never ever come dressed like that. On any day." It was so awesome. This is going to be my job. I'll keep everyone posted on how it goes but in the meantime, wish me luck! :)

4 comments:

TysonandMarthaGerber said...

Congrats and welcome back to the working world. this is the first success of many more to come.

Becca said...

Congrats on the job! Excited for you girl, I hope that company is prepared for you!!!

JaelandSteveThompson.blogspot.com said...

Congrats! Sounds like fun

Maria said...

Hey Marie!!! Just wanted to say congrats on the job... the working world isn't so rough, it can actually be fun sometimes!! Anyhow, remember, if you're ever in/around D.C.... make sure you come visit us!