Friday, June 6, 2008

To all you chefs


Greetings all!

One of the many little projects that some of our Romanian Peace Corps Volunteers have been working on is a cook book. It is something I have really appreciated because they put recipes in there that don't require ingredients you can't find here. (Like for example, shortening or corn syrup.) However, one of the awesomest sections has been the section for traditional foods. It has all the traditional foods I have come to love here; from Eggplant salad, to Mici, to Sarmale.

Recently they published our cookbook online. (My huge thanx to all of my fellow Peace Corps colleagues who were involved.) So here is the link if you would like to check out the kind of food I have been eating for the past two years. I hope you enjoy, or should I say, Pofta Buna!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

We are totally going to make sarmale together when you get home...can't wait! YUMMMY!