Sunday, September 6, 2009

I live in the best state ever!

I realize this is probably biased, but I think I live in the best state ever. Friday I had decided I wanted to go camping. Now there are a couple things you have to keep in mind, I hadn't given thiis much thought beforehand, and I don't get off work until 5. Fortunately I have friends who are always up for an adventure. Dave, a good friend of mine, said he would be up for the adventure and off we went. Within 20 minutes of leaving my house, we were at the mouth of the canyon, ready to head up. I didn't think we were going to have much luck, getting such a late start on a holiday weekend, but fortunately Dave knew exactly where to go.

We started at the trail head at 8:30 and got to the end of our 2.2 mile hike around 10. We had decided to give "hammock camping" a shot. This was my first time every sleeping in a hammock. And I have to say, aside from getting a little cold that night, it was pretty cool.
I realize there is something about being outdoors that makes food taste really good, but out omelets with avocados the next morning were sooooooo good!
This was our base camp. Again, I live in the coolest state ever!
It was so much fun! I can' t wait to go again! The lake you see behind me here was so clear and smooth, it was like glass. Except for the the 20 fish that were jumping out of it any given moment. (No exaggeration! At any given second, there were at least 20 fish jumping, ii

2 comments:

Mountain Man said...

Nice job documenting everything Marie! I didn't even think about getting a picture of the camp with the rain tarp up that morning... I guess I was too pre-occupied with cooking rosemarry omelets with fresh avacado. I was starving! ;)

You forgot to mention the light rain and the "dogs." LOL

Mike and Risa said...

That looks awesome! We went camping that night up in the Uintas, but I don't think the view was as cool as your pic. Hammocks rock :)