Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This one is for you

I started this blog when I was living in Romania as a way for people back home to keep up with what I was doing and see pictures of me. While I was never great at keeping it updated reguarly, such updates have been far and inbetween since I have come back to the States. I think my reasoning behind this was that I was mostly just seeing most of the people who wanted to know what was going on with me. These last few weeks have shown me that is not the case and I am touched. I have had several people who have become part of my life and have asked me to update my blog. To those people I say I am sorry I let that slip and that I will do better. I hope no one feels like I have been neglectful. That is not my feeling at all. I am so grateful for the people who have become a part of my life. And now that the schmary part is over, I now progress with today's entry. :)
So last summer my good friends, Sorina and Marian came to the US for almost a month and we drove all over Utah, Arizona, Nevada, and California. Being from Romania, they are used to most goods being transported either via train. As we spent a siginificant amount of time on the highways, we had a good look at the US's main method of transporting goods; the semi truck. Sorina was facinated with these big trucks.
So when a good friend of mine who is a truck driver was passing through Utah, he offered me an inside look at the life of truck driver. Thank you, o' friend of mine!
This is inside living area where he spends a good part of his time when he isn't driving. I was surprised at how basic it was. I guess I thought it would be more like a mini apartment when really all it is is a bed with two shelves.
(sorry, the picture is on its side, I couldn't get it upright)
This is me in the living area. Just call me Vana White.


Wahoo! Look out! Here I come!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last night I had a dream that you got a facebook and it was much easier for you to upload pictures, and you were very excited about it... sigh... that would be the day. Anyhways, thanks for the post, finally you updated.

Mike and Risa said...

Hey Marie! I have been meaning to get a hold of you and see you too... sorry about that. I love that you update your blog at least once in a while, I think about you lots! Mike would love to get together with you when you have some free time. We're living in Eagle Mountain and are just kind of chilling for the time being. My email is risanielsen@gmail.com if you'd like to get in touch :)
Risa